Sunday

Finally found what I have been searching for...

So, after a 3 weeks of pure hell at the teaching position I had accepted, I found a real gem of a program tucked away down a small street in Peoria.  I feel as if I have visit early childhood heaven!

After 3 weeks of struggle and a not so desirable program (over ratio, under staffed, untrained and uncaring staff, breaking regulations and grant guidelines, having money stolen from my purse, "teachers" who slept during  work, no supplies not even crayons, over acceptable ratios, and just plain dirty and unhealthy practice, I set out to find something more toward my standards.  I prayed and wow, I really was blessed!

I found a little school, down a little street, in a little town with a high standards, great program, and well just about everything right!  If the first opportunity , I had to walk away from. was like being dropped in hell, this new opportunity is like stumbling into heaven- early childhood heaven.  Lovely staff, great administration, truly a high quality program that follows the grant guidelines for Pre-k, and icing on cake they serve great meals! 

I have a large well stocked classroom.  The ration is 1:10 (as it should be for this state sponsored program), we use Creative Curriculum and Teaching Strategies Gold, and the staff is a wonderful team to work with.  The only drawback I have found is their shirts are not big enough for me...LOL.  And, well I guess that all in all is my own fault....Hahahaha.

I had some trepidation, after my last horrid experience and upon driving down an industrial street and seeing this small building tucked away surrounded by industrial yards and manufacturing buildings, however, once I was in the doors, it was like buying a $4 dollar clam and discovering a pearl inside!

What gem and I am so glad I stumbled upon it! This little school tucked away down a quiet street is truly all about the children. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...